Does the statistic is fashionable?, Is there this profession?, Statistics is a profession of future ?,... questions are answered how are you even in such well-known newspapers like the New York Times, The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, ...
An article in the August 5, 2009 The New York Times we read the imperative of statisticians in the workplace, http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/technology/06stats.html.
Statisticians of the United States identified the 250 most common jobs and categorized according to six variables: income, stress, physical demands, potential growth, job security and work environment. According to the statistical classification places the first .>This ifnormación is covered in the book The Jobs Rated Almanac (JRA), (más información). The Jobs Rated Almanac is an annual publication began in 1988.
Another article of January 26, 2009 at The Wall Street Journal places the best statistical and mathematical profession as the first in a list of 200 professions, http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123119236117055127.html. This news is also included in the web Matemáticas y sus fronteras, http://weblogs.madrimasd.org/matematicas/archive/2009/02/11/112667.aspx, as a result of a study analyzing http://www.careercast.com/jobs. In 2002 (June 24) a publication The Wall Street Journal placed the statistical profession as the ninth best valued.
Questions like is there a race to ensure employability and enabling work in fields as diverse as politics, health, psychology, engineering and sociology? Yes, the option exists and is called Statistics, ... we can read in the Argentine daily La Nacion, http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=889980.
- The statistics are used in a lot of areas:
- Business (Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Computing, Consulting ...)
- Health and Medicine (Genetics, Epidemiology, Pharmacology, ...)
- Official Statistics (IGE, INE, Eurostat)
- Natural Sciences (Ecology, Agriculture, Physics, Chemistry ...)
- Research and Education
- the statistical analysis:
- Determine effectiveness of new drugs
- Studies of pollution in the environment
- Studies of product demand
- Quality control service
- Occupancy rates, unemployment, national accounts, poverty rates ...
- Training professionals in Statistics and Operations Research
- Conducting scientific publications
- Support national and international conferences
We could borrow the phrase of the author Herbert George Wells, known for H. G. Wells, "The day on which the statistical thinking will be a necessary condition for coexistence as efficient as the ability to read and write" to talk about statistics now ......